Cistern Water Tanks
Rainwater Collection Cistern Tank Selection
Cistern water tanks are used to harvest, store, and reuse rainwater. Great for any business, home, or government building, cistern tanks provide a safe location for storing water until it is needed. Depending on your collection method, cistern water tanks can be constructed with pipes, fittings, or connections that allow the unit to attach to pipes, downspouts, pumps, sprinkler systems, or other utilities.
Questions about cistern water tanks? Call the Water Storage Tanks sales team at +1-863-270-8118 or fill out our quote request form.
Cistern Tank Options
Fiberglass Cistern Tanks
Steel Cistern Water Tanks
|Corrugated Steel Tanks|
Rigid Rainwater Collection Tanks
A rigid rainwater collection tank is a favorite cistern for rainwater collection due to its robust design and protective outer exterior. Available as below ground and above ground cisterns, this rainwater collection system is able to effectively store and protect liquids. Interiors can be constructed with FDA approved resins or cistern liners that can effectively meet the needs of your location. View our Under Deck Rainwater Collection Tank page for more information on how this storage tank is used.
Poly Tanks, also known as Plastic Water Tanks, are a common choice for short term rain water collection and storage. As an economical storage option, polethylene tanks can be placed around homes or businesses to easily collect and store water. Due to their frequent use in outdoor areas, exteriors on these tanks are often made from a darker polyethylene, such as green or black. Darker colors help to limit the amount of light flowing in the tank, which helps to prevent the growth of algae inside the unit.
- Multiple Sizes and Models
- FDA Rated Resins
- Darker Colors for Algae Growth Prevention
One of our most durable and long-lasting storage options is the fiberglass cistern water tank. Made with a robust fiberglass exterior, these fiberglass tanks are perfect for Above Ground Cisterns, underground storage, or storage in demanding locations. Available options include sizes up to 20,000 gallons.
- Durable Fiberglass Exterior
- Above and Below Ground Options
- Multiple Fittings
- Sizes up to 20,000 gallons
Give us a call at 1-863-270-8118 or fill out our quote request form to discuss your cistern water tank requirements
Steel Water Tanks
Steel water tanks are a great choice for any location that requires robust liquid storage. Available in both above ground and below ground storage options, these tanks are rigid and well-equipped for rainwater storage purposes. Steel tanks for water storage can be used on their own or as part of an effective water storage system that can Store, Filter and Repurpose rainwater. Standard tanks are available in sizes up to 40,000 gallons for large collection requirements. View the Cistern Water Tanks page for information on how a tank can help with water reserve for old cistern units.
Corrugated Water Tanks
As an alternative to standard steel, we also offer corrugated cistern water tanks which can be made in sizes well over 100,000 gallons. Corrugated Steel Tanks differ from standard tanks in both size and construction. Corrugated field erected tanks are designed to ship in pieces, making it easier to move large capacity tanks to their needed storage location. Both flat top and pitched roof models are available.
Flexible Storage Tanks
Due to their low profiles, flexible storage tanks have been a favorite for Rainwater Collection and Rainwater Harvesting and storage in basements and in various other height-restricted locations. As an alternative to the standard concrete cistern, these Flexible Storage Tanks offer high storage capacities and low profile designs to fit in smaller crawl areas. The benefits of using this collapsible tank include:
- Low Profile to fit in basements or crawl spaces
- Flexible Design for unique storage areas
- Can fit in existing concrete cisterns that are old or leaking
- Ships Folded up for fast arrival to your area
- Capacities from 25 to 210,000 gallons
- Fittings: 2" Fill Fitting, Additional Sizes Available on Request
Typical Flexible Tank Storage Locations
- Storage in Basements
- Above Ground or Underground Tank Storage
- Placement in Existing Concrete Cisterns
- Water Reserve for Emergency Fire Fighting Systems
- Storage for Large Buildings or Factories
Give us a call at 1-863-270-8118 or fill out our quote request form to discuss your collapsible tank requirements.
Liners for Existing Cistern Water Tanks
If you are dealing with an existing Leaking Cistern, a great option is the Cistern Liner. Made from the same high strength materials as our flexible water tanks, these cistern liners can be custom-built to meet the exact size and requirements of your existing tank. Fabric options include:
- Water Grade Fabrics
- Drinking Water Grade Fabrics (Meet FDA & NSF 61 Requirements)
For pricing on a Cistern Water Tank Liner that will specifically meet your site requirements, please provide us with the following information:
- Cistern Dimensions and Shape
- Cistern Construction (steel, concrete, etc.)
- Interior Configuration (Are the inside walls smooth? Are there any pipes or protrusions the liner will need to work around?)
- Liner Requirements (Does the liner need to be approved for potable water?)
- Access to Cistern Interior (What kind of access is available to install the liner?)
From here, our sales team can develop a quote on a liner that will specifically meet your requirements.
You can view How Do I Choose Cistern Tank Size page for more information on tank sizes and How Does a Cistern Work page for more information on the function and what type would be recommended.
Water Collection Information and Resources
- Water Consumption Calculator: Wondering how much water supply is needed for your area? Plug your information into this calculator and learn how much is required for your location.
- Advanced Water Filters: Filter rainwater for later use as a drinking water supply.
- Municipal Guidebook: Check out the EPA "Managing Wet Weather with Green Infrastructure", Rainwater Harvesting Policies for further information.
Call Water Storage Tanks at 1-863-270-8118 or fill out our quote request form to discuss you cistern water tank requirements.